Hi everyone, my name is Jono and I know basically nothing about programming, and wonder if some of you nice folks could answer a question for me.

When a program is waiting for you to type something in, say a maths game waiting for the correct answer, is there a way to collect and use that information? eg display the answer on the screen? I.e. is there a way to know what it is expecting you to type?

Hope you can understand my question,

thanks

jono

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>>is there a way to know what it is expecting you to type?
Not unless you have found some kind of mind reading program or a crystle ball :) There are no functions that can anticipate what you are to type. You will have to type the answer and press the Enter key before the program can proceed and use that information. There are however ways to have the program do othere things while it is waiting for your entry -- that's called multiple threads.

Thanks for your reply Ancient Dragon. What about a program that is waiting specifically for a letter or number, you know, you press the number or letter and then it presents the next one to type in??

TIA
Jono

What about a program that is waiting specifically for a letter or number, you know, you press the number or letter and then it presents the next one to type in??

Hey friend, please present your problem clearly. Otherwise, how would we be able to help you??

I've seen typing tutorials that teach touch typing that are like that. They display a character or whole word and wait for you to type it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.