Hello All

I have created a form which as two group boxes, in each of these group boxes I have 8 radio buttons in each labeled 1 to 8 and the group boxes are named Up for the first box and Down for the second box. and I also have two picture boxes with labels Old Colour and New Colour. What I'm trying to achieve but failing is that when I choose a radio button from the Up Group Box say number 4 radio button and in the Down Group Box say number 2 I need to find away to create a calculation that will do a ratio of both of radio buttons selected to the value of (4:1) and (1:4) is this possible and any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't really get what you mean. Maybe if you said what kind of calcculation you mean, andhow the ratio factors in

define an array or simply 2 variables.

If you will click a button after your selections, check the .Checked property of radio buttons using for example a foreach loop.

If you want your variables to change right upon clicking the radio button, you can use the following method in the CheckChanged events of the radio buttons as below

void CheckChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
RadioButton radioBtn = (RadioButton)sender;
string myVal;

if (radioBtn.Checked)
{
myVal = "radioBtn.Text";
}
}

I don't really get what you mean. Maybe if you said what kind of calcculation you mean, andhow the ratio factors in

Thanks for your reply

Well what it is I have a total of 16 radio buttons 8 in each column I would like to do a calculation that allows the user when clicked on a radio button in the first column it say 4 and in the second column the user clicks 0 then a picture box is coloured orange if the ratio is more than 4.

If this ain't possible could it be possible to have two buttons one saying Up and the second one saying Down and with then number of clicks on the up and the number of clicks down it can give us a ratio of more than 4 and less than 4 so this can promote or demote the colour in a picture box??

Does this make sence???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.