As the title suggests, I'm attempting to build a first-person view game. I could do this on my own, but the way I'm thinking of doing it is completely impractical (involves coordinates and thousands of if statement for every possible view, which like I said is impossible). I can pretty easily make it so that the surroundings are loaded in using classes called things like block class and such, but the one problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to make it so the 'camera' so to speak allows you to know what you're looking at without a bunch of if statements.

What I'm hoping is that there is some way to make it so the camera (with some code in the background) will be able to recognize what it should be looking at, without all the if statements. Is this even possible in python? If not, what's the best language to learn to help allow me to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.