hi everyone

how can i save a folder path in the sql server database and retrive it again by using vb.net 2010?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Question is not understandable.
Please, describe it perfectly and post your work what you did & what have you want.

thank you for your quick respond
i want to save the url of the folder in sql server database, so in my program when i click on the folder name take me directly to that folder.

my problem is how to save the url of the folder

i search alot in the internet all the answers is about how to save the url of the file like image, doc, text ect.... but not the url of the folder

The URL for a folder is just like the URL for a file except that it doesn't have a file name - it just finishes with the folder name (and its final /). Either way iot's just a string that you can save in a database like any other string.

Agreed with JamesCherrill, you can save file or folder path in a table as like you save a string value.

thank you for your answer
i know that the URL for a folder is just like the URL for a file, but i want my program when i click on the folder the program will take the url of the folder.

Please decide what question you are asking, then maybe someone will be able to give the answer. Your latest post is nothing like the original "save a folder path in the sql server database and retrive it again". In every post you change the question.

So, you are still not giving enough info. "when i click on the folder the program will take the url of the folder" click on it where? On the desktop, in a list box, on a web page??? "take" it in what sense?

Please take the time to describle fully what you are trying to do, in what context, and exactly what it is you don't know how to do.

Depend if you desktop app you will use control like openfiledialog to retrieve physical path
If you use asp.net you will upload control to get it after that insert in db with column have varchar datatype

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.