hi i used this simple form which are these..but i want to protect password from oracle database if user enter wrong name and password then not login otherwise login

<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html> <head><br> <style>
.error {color: #FF0000;}
</style> </head> <body style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif;";> <hr /> <div style="width: 77%; height: 300px; padding: 30px; border: 5px solid #e3e3e3; background-color: #F8F8F8 ; color: #000; margin: 100px;" align="center"> <br> <h2>Login</h2> <form method="post" action="login.php"> <font size="3">name:<input type="text" name="name" style="padding: 4px;"/><p>
      password: <input type="password" name="password" style="padding: 4px;"/><p> <input type="submit" value="Login" style="padding: 4px; width: 5em; height: 1.9em;"/></font> </form> </div> </body> </html> 

Is this similar to https://www.daniweb.com/programming/threads/511883/display-name

Remember you need to not only show the other code in the backend but do not discount this has been done so many times both right and wrong. Again, never store the password in the database. You encrpyt (see how on the link I noted before) then compare the encrypted version from your login with the encrypted version in the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.