HI!!

How can I create an automatic numerical progression from 0 to 500,000 in html?

The code I was given is this:

<p><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="text-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8) 0px 3px 2px;"><sup>437</sup></span></span></p>

how can i make the code progressive and automatic every three minutes?

The progression I have to make it for the university I am still a beginner. Help me !!! Thanks for the reply :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to do that purely in HTML and CSS - HTML is a markup language, while CSS defines the styling of said markup. I am pretty sure you would need to use a JavaScript script to do anything dynamic like this.

commented: 101 / 5000 Risultati della traduzione I do not know where to begin! Are there any editors that allow me to do this easily? thank you +0

Tell me where the value or 0 to 500,000 is going to be used? While I'm pretty sure this is not going to be done in c, c++, java or mysql (why all those tags?) I can't guess where this generated value is going to be used in your HTML.

As to the three minutes, I think I'd use a timer. Tutorial at https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_timing.asp

But that still leaves me to wonder where this number will be used.

commented: I put those tags in because I'm still new to these topics. Isn't there an editor that allows me to animate the number easily? +0

When you write a specification, you have to be detailed. I can't guess if the number 0 to 500,000 is used in the rgb values, pixel size or something else.

As to an editor writing code for you, that's still the future but Tabnine does help us a lot today.

Until you reveal where to display or use this number I will write that the Javascript timer is almost assured to be used to solve this.

As per the previous comments , html is a static markup language, so not possible in pure html.
You would need to use a scripting language like Javascript to develope the timer.
There are lots of examples out there that you can use to make this work in JS.
Why not take a look, attempt something and then come back here with what you have tried, you will get more of a response to help you progress your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.