So im working on functions for the first time in vscode using c++. i'm want to declare functions and having trouble understanding some things. i'm very new to programming so i still don't understand commands like str, file, value, void, readName, and so forth but i know i need to learn them to declare functions. any tips on how to use these and what they mean when working w functions would be very helpful. Thanks guys

DGPickett commented: Semantically, a strict function is a subroutine or method that lacks state or side effects, and has a output that entirely depends on the input. +4

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It seems that the issue has nothing to do with C++ or with functions. If you are new to programming why not try some tutorials in an easy accessible language (like JavaScript for example) and when you understand a few basics ( like null , functions , variables , loops , conditions ) move to a C++ tutorial for beginners ?

Starting from the basics, I have just started learning

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.