Does anyone know if its possible to update an item on a web page by using a form. Lets say I have a web page that has several different headings with a paragraph of text under each heading. I would like the owner of each heading to be able to open a form, change the text in the paragraph and have that update that item of the web page when its posted.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

that would require a database, do you have one?

that would require a database, do you have one?

Yes, i have a MySQL database installed and am using IIS as my web server.

what you need to do is store all the information (headers,paragraph text) in a database and display them from there. to have people edit them you need to get the information from the database and put it into the form. then let them change it and submit it to be processed. after they submit take their information and update the database.

what you need to do is store all the information (headers,paragraph text) in a database and display them from there. to have people edit them you need to get the information from the database and put it into the form. then let them change it and submit it to be processed. after they submit take their information and update the database.

Ok, i'm new at this so I will try to figure it out. I have examples of a form to update a database with, but am a little confused on how the same form can lookup the data and update it on the same form. Its a how-to book so it doesn't go into great detail.

post the form code so i can see it. and maybe develop some code for you.

Thank you, i'll have to wait until Monday, i left the book at work :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.