webie 0 Newbie Poster

I thought i post here to see if anybody would like to test new front end for openwebspider
the script is PHP and uses the sphinx full text search engine and the smarty template engine for ease of skining new themes. Searh results are returned back lighting fast under a second. I have demo running on linuxhostuk.co.uk/searchdemo thoughts and ideas would be good this would be free script.

The demo is on single 64bit running centos 5 and using 2gb memory mysql database on another server serving within lan only thats running another 64bit 3000ghz cpu dual core but thats not a problem as my front end search uses the database only to store openwebspider crawls. each month i rebuild my search index using sphinx full text search engine. so in fact my search script does not even touch mysql database after a rebuild it just queries sphinx indexes. I am also speaking to my coder to modifiy the script so we can have to versions one for openwebspider and mnogosearch search crawler I love openwebspider i getting so many segment faults every time it runs?. If you are running your own servers or hiring deadicated server then my new search script will be great as you have to download sphinx and compile the source code on linux.

Hope to here from you all need lots of suggestions to make this into great free script using all this great open source software thanks to these guys without them we could do what we do.

all the best

Webie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.