Start New Discussion within our Web Development Community

I was curious if anyone had an addition to this post that would allow it to have a popup window asking if user wanted to refresh their time? Any clue how this could be added. Never done much with popups. Also, I want to pull time from database and update database upon refresh. Anyone know how to do this? if so, can you post code please??

I did :) and while this was very helpful I am having problems getting it to work in the "website in a box" setup I am using. I am probably trying too hard.

I have one more question, in my web application if i deletes the history still m able to access my application. It should not allow me to access the application right?
please any suggestion for this it will helps me.

you ALWAYS have to die() after header('location

otherwise the page continues through and session varibles can get really really goofy. See the manual.

If you use any code in this thread and give the server heavy load, nobody can logout because it destorys the session, then creates a new one with a new session time on the same page before logout.php can load.

header('logout.php'); die; // fixed.

Using this is it possible to tell the user session expired please login again?

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="605">

This would just refresh the page after 10 minutes. Yes if session expired, then you'd need to log in again. Forcing a refresh (page reload) is not nice though. Don't think I'd like it.

Jay_14 this is a seven years old post , why in earth would you like to contribute to something that is really out of date ? If you want just to announce yourself there is always the community. Also the answer you gave seems seven years old also , (back then I used more advanced techniques for such things than that, but lets say that seven years ago that would be considered as an option to non professionals). Are you a time traveler from SEVEN years ago that don't want to embrace future (or even present) ?

This is not just a comment , I would really love to read why you decided to post that. I can't understand it , and if something is so alien I give many efforts to got it. Please help me to understand you. Why did you posted this , and how did you find this thread ?

Hi I have been stuck on setting session timeout to my page. I would like the session timeout to work on pages after user logs in. However, I not sure on how to get it done. How to check whether user is log in?

if (! isset ( $_SESSION ["isLoggedIn"] ) || ! ($_SESSION ['isLoggedIn']))

I found this but it seems both is similar. Correct me if i am wrong. I know it is an old post but I hope someone willing to help me.

SitiNuraini this is not an old post , this is seven years old post , more over it has been solved . Why do you hesitate to create a new thread to express the problem you have ? And if we can help we will

OK, this thread is creeping out of scope. Can we please start new threads if it is not directly pertaining to session timeout. In fact, it may be worth starting a new thread anyway, as this thread may have a certain toxicity attached to it, being so old. Thanks.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.