Hello,
Is there a way to verify the validity of a credit card when user submits in his/her credit card number? Many thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Thanks for the reply. However, the tutorial doesn't really validate the credit card. I could just follow the algorithm and make up my own credit card number. How can I verify that its an authentic credit card number and it belongs to the person filling the form(how can I match name on the credit card and the name saved in the database)? There has to me a way to do this. Thanks again.

ok so your wanting to not only verify that the card number is legit but you want to verify the card name is legit and that the user in your db and the name on card match?

Yes. Is there a way to do this?

with the cc needing to validate card name to number i cant think of anything except a credit card processing system. but you can validate the name on card to site user if they have entered their info. but depending on what your selling im not sure that would be the best idea. alot of users use spouse cards, company cards and such.
but its your site and your security so you will know more about it then i would.
sorry couldnt help more.

I plan on having a "name as it appears on the card" field just for extra security.

hi...

its venkat here.

i'm unable to create a CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR in an asp.net web application which i am doing in C#.

can u please help me out in doing it step by step and run it successfully.

so, please help me out in 2 things :

1. how to add i.e. detail steps to add the .dll file of CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR to my web application on asp.net.

2. steps and code to create the CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR then n there in the application itself.

please do the needful.

regards,
Venkat.

hi...

its venkat here.

i'm unable to create a CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR in an asp.net web application which i am doing in C#.

can u please help me out in doing it step by step and run it successfully.

so, please help me out in 2 things :

1. how to add i.e. detail steps to add the .dll file of CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR to my web application on asp.net.

2. steps and code to create the CREDIT CARD VALIDATOR then n there in the application itself.

please do the needful.

regards,
Venkat.

You're in the wrong area. You need to be here:

DaniWeb C# Forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.