hi
i have a application where the user will post article in textarea.....i want to include some editor instead of text area.plese do tell me how to do tat
thnks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lydia21
Featured Replies
  • there is an example file in the attachment. all you need to do is upload the fckeditor folder into your working directory and change the path in the example file. i put comments in the file to help you. Read More

hi
i want to include it in my php application.i think i cannot include fckeditor in my appliction

instead of using textbox..i want to give options like editor to the user

fckeditor is made for many languages including php. in my php application i finished today i used fckeditor in many different places.

Please cut and paste the editor which is i have written in iframe.php...and place that folder editors in your working directory...and check at line 386 in iframe.php, i have placed a hidden variable..use $_POST in your sql query...
its easy to do...
let me know if any error occurs...

And i do again reattach the editor...

there is an example file in the attachment.

all you need to do is upload the fckeditor folder into your working directory and change the path in the example file.

i put comments in the file to help you.

Votes + Comments
It is indeed better than tinymce editor !

I would generally caution against fckEditor for its lack of MS-Word support. Other than that it runs pretty neck and neck with tinyMCE.

tinyMCE however has a wonderful paste from word feature that really does an excellent job of stripping all of the crap markup from the input. If you know you won't be taking input from a user who writes first in word than either one should perform exceptionally.

i tried something like this

<?php
include_once("fckeditor/fckeditor.php") ;
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>FCKeditor - Sample</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body>
<form action="sampleposteddata.php" method="post" target="_blank">
<?php
$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('FCKeditor1') ;
$oFCKeditor->BasePath = '/home1/careers/public_html/fckeditor/' ;
$oFCKeditor->Value = '<p>This is some <strong>sample text</strong>. You are using <a href="http://www.fckeditor.net/">FCKeditor</a>.</p>' ;
$oFCKeditor->Create() ;
?>
<br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>

thanks i finally got it
i typed hi in the editor
i got the ouput as <ol>
<li><span style="color: #ff9900"><em><strong>hi</strong></em></span></li>
</ol>

now i want to store in the db and retrive it and show other users in the same style as he as typed ...i just want to know whether i can store the above output in db & later retrieve it nd display using functions tat are available

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.