Hi everyone !

I am a new to this forum. I have a question to ask:
I have developed a php imagehosting script for one of my customer. The demonstartion can be found at : http://picly.com
(I have not uploaded the admin panel there, but you can find it here: http://aamirtest.awardspace.com/image11/admin pass: hassanahmad1)
My question is how much this script is worth... i mean how much money should i charge for this one.. as i have no idea..

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hassan Ahmad.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

That is difficult question. It does really depends on the business location. You will definitely not charge same money on this UK, USA or India based company

No ! I just wanted your own frank opinion, as i have no idea about that.

Its a nice script. Didn't you've discussed with your clint before starting I would suggest if its an exclusive around mid $xxx but if you want to sell tomany start with low $xx first then after a few good comments and recommendation can increase to a mid $xx to high $xx. Good job :)

Hi !

I have developed a second version of this one with more features and new theme. This one is not so good !
Anyway thanks very much for the information.

Care to send me the demo. I want to see your coding.. Thanks
p/s-I am interested in one also actually..lol..

I love that scipt. Cute! But you need to implement Captcha on the registration page. My idea of some scripts I bought is this: USD 25.00 if the buyer will keep your link in the footer of all the pages (that is link back enforced). Or USD 50.00 or a bit more if the buyer will remove "Powered by Picly.com".

Hi everyone !

I am a new to this forum. I have a question to ask:
I have developed a php imagehosting script for one of my customer. The demonstartion can be found at : http://picly.com
(I have not uploaded the admin panel there, but you can find it here: http://aamirtest.awardspace.com/image11/admin pass: hassanahmad1)
My question is how much this script is worth... i mean how much money should i charge for this one.. as i have no idea..

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hassan Ahmad.

Hi !

Thanks to everyone here. Yes i also considered implementing captcha in the registration page but most of the imagehosting websites do not have this feature, so i also decided not to include it. Actually i developed this script exclusively for one of my customers and i sold this to him for 50$ :)

I have developed a new version of this script with a more professional theme.
Here is its screenshot:
http://www.uploadpak3.com/freeupload/download.php?file=3074db2aecdc5666192943e95c585e0c

Thanks
Hassan Ahmad

Hi Hassan,

So, you can see I'm good at pricing that type of script. I visited the updated version. It may have much more functionality, but Adsense is all over it, making it to lose its beauty. If this new site is going to act as a demo site for your script, simply get rid of the Adsense or at the very least, reduce it, drastically. Adsense is competing with your script!

Hi !

Thanks to everyone here. Yes i also considered implementing captcha in the registration page but most of the imagehosting websites do not have this feature, so i also decided not to include it. Actually i developed this script exclusively for one of my customers and i sold this to him for 50$ :)

I have developed a new version of this script with a more professional theme.
Here is its screenshot:
http://www.uploadpak3.com/freeupload/download.php?file=3074db2aecdc5666192943e95c585e0c

Thanks
Hassan Ahmad

Hello every body

Im Aamir The admin Of Picly.com and im Only Here to Inform U All guys that Picly.com Script Copyrights R Reserved By aazee,inc Pakistan

And hassan Ahmed is Only Working For Our Company Like Any Other Employee

This is Purely Our Idea

And we Reserved The Right To Take Action Against Any person who Found in Selling this script under the Copyright Violation

Hello every body

Im Aamir The admin Of Picly.com and im Only Here to Inform U All guys that Picly.com Script Copyrights R Reserved By aazee,inc Pakistan

And hassan Ahmed is Only Working For Our Company Like Any Other Employee

This is Purely Our Idea

And we Reserved The Right To Take Action Against Any person who Found in Selling this script under the Copyright Violation

Then it should be job of your business department to do research on pricing and HR (human resources) to deal with your employee if he tried to sell the product without company acknowledge.

Hi peter,

Yes i sold that script to him but can you check if there is indeed any company called aazee,inc in pakistan [:)].. I am not an employee and i never sold that exclusively to him. So is he the owner or me, when we never made an agreement that i will not sell that script again?

Thanks,
Hassan Ahmad.

Yes U Can Check Here From The Chamber Of Commerce In Peshawar Aazee,inc Is Registered Company

And Picly.com Works Under it

And Hassan Not Sold me that Script This Script is Made Only specificly For Us

And The Whole Idea behind This Is Mine

he only Coded And i Give him Full price Of Script

And i Told Him in begining That This Script Is Not For selling Purpose And Only for us

And He is Working For Us he Is our Employee

Working As a Freelancer From Home

And i Also warned him

Note For Hassan : Listen if u Again Try To Sell This To Anybody Then I Reserved The Rights To Take Legal Action Aganst you

Hi hassanahmad,

I think this kind of quarreling over copyright ownership with that guy is not good for business. However, such things happen. But don't let it get out of control. If actually you're his employee, why didn't he restrain you, instead of reporting you to us here. He should realize we don't know the actual truth and more importantly, we don't have power over you.

If what you told us is the truth, go ahead and sell your stuff. But if you're actually his employee and the script in question is his company's legitimate project, then give it a second thought.

I will reiterate here that the script is awesome and I love it. Keep it up!

Hi peter,

Yes i sold that script to him but can you check if there is indeed any company called aazee,inc in pakistan [:)].. I am not an employee and i never sold that exclusively to him. So is he the owner or me, when we never made an agreement that i will not sell that script again?

Thanks,
Hassan Ahmad.

hello mexabet

Answer of Your Question Is that I post here only Because I dont know eactly that to how many people he sold that script

and if anybody buy that script read this post again then he stoped it

aamir098,

I literally hope both of you will settle this issue amicably as brothers and move on.

hello mexabet

Answer of Your Question Is that I post here only Because I dont know eactly that to how many people he sold that script

and if anybody buy that script read this post again then he stoped it

so are you selling this script, if so i might buy,

msg me if so.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.