hi
i want to validate more than one radio button i.e more than group to be validated in a page.i searched for many but did not find good validation please send sample code

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by essential

Please feel free to modify this code to match your needs. If you have any question regarding this code you can document.write('Me on my inbox'). lol! Have a good day...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> 
<html> 
<head> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Radio validation</title>
<style type="text/css"> 
<!-- 
form { margin:0; } form div { text-align: left; margin: 2px; font-weight: bold; }
 -->
</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- BEGIN HIDING
document.onclick = function(which_radio)
{ which_radio = which_radio ? which_radio : window.event;
  var _radio = which_radio.target ? which_radio.target : which_radio.srcElement;

if (( _radio.name ) && ( _radio.name == 'radio1') && ( myform.text1.value == 'page1' ) && ( myform.elements[1].checked )) 

/* You'll have to replace this with your own statement. In this example i will use 3 radio buttons to validate the textbox value. */

{ alert('\n' + _radio.value ); }

else if (( _radio.name ) && ( _radio.name == 'radio1') && ( myform.text1.value == 'page2' ) && ( myform.elements[2].checked )) 

else if (( _radio.name ) && ( _radio.name == 'radio1') && ( myform.text1.value == 'page3' ) && ( myform.elements[3].checked )) 

else { alert('\nSorry you didn\'t get the right word to pass!\nPlease try Again!'); }
} //And that's all for now! Enjoy...
// DONE HIDING -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form name="myform" action="#" onsubmit="return false;">
<div>
Guess The Word!<br />
<input type="password" name="text1" /><br />
<input type="radio" name="radio1" value="That was great!">&nbsp;Page 1<br />
<input type="radio" name="radio1" value="That was terrific!">&nbsp;Page 2<br />
<input type="radio" name="radio1" value="You've done well!">&nbsp;Page 3<br />
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.