Hello, all:

I have this issue with my includes files; I have this code in my htaccess file so that files that use any of these includes automatically read the includes from root folder.

php_value include_path ".:/home/server/domains/mysite.com/html"

they seem to work OK, but for some reason the images inside those includes files are not being rendered in some of the files that are within deeper subdirectory folders; it does read the html, but not the images... I thought maybe if I made the source-image reference for them to be absolute instead of relative (so use http://www.mysite.com/images/myimage.jpg) woudl solve the problem, but that didnt work either. It's stranger, cause in some other subdirectory files that use these includes the images appear!

Am I doing something wrong? do includes need to be off the root folder, but in its own "includes" folder for them to work properly??

Any feedback truly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm having a hard time following. Could you post some actual examples from your site? Maybe an example of an included file, an example of where it's being included into, and the URL to the image that's supposed to be showing up. This will help me get a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.