Hello,
I'm looking for some code that will recognize my recent blog posts (say 6 most recent posts) and display them on the homepage of my static website. The homepage would show a few lines from the blog with link to the post.

Can someone help? The server is Linux (with mysql, php).

Thank you!
Carl

I know this can be achieved with PHP scripting. To do that your homepage needs to connect to your blog's MySQL database and extract the data from the table containing the latest blog posts.

But I'm afraid this is not the right forum. You might consider moving this thread to the PHP section. And to do that, click on the link, Flag Bad Post and that will take you to another page containing a web form. In the form politely ask the moderators to move your thread to the PHP Forum and give reason for your request. Your reason will likely be that you need proper attention to your thread. I believe that's the place you'll likely get quicker and more insightful response from knowledgeable PHP coders.

Please, do not cross-post (posting the same thread in another forum section), as that might seem tantamount to spamming the forum. The ideal thing is to use the Flag Bad Post option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.