Hi, I am working on a web site using VWD 2005 Express Edition. As I wanted to host it on my own pc I followed the instructions of various tutorials and finally I succeeded in viewing it
by typing http://localhost/Alias/Index.aspx. Next I tried with the help of my son to view it from his pc. I told him to type the IP address followed by the Alias and Filename. Nothing. I am reading all the articles I can find on the Internet and become more and more confused. Do I need to register my IP address? What else am I supposed to do? Some articles make it sound so easy but it does not work. I will appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you. Carlo

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Baradaran

Hi, thank you very much for your advice. Now I have to ask you for further help. I have no idea how to go about opening port 80 on the Firewall. My pc has Windows XP Pro with SP2. Again thank you for your help. Carlo

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.