hi frnds....

i m newbie in php....................

i want to make advanced member login system where peoples can signup,signin,logout etc......

i want to achieve dis with the help of dreamweaver 8...............
i m using php 5,mysql,apachie server and phpadmin login.................

if u hv any idea do tel me..............................

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Being a newbie to php is something you are going to want to solve before diving into projects. I can tell you this from first hand experience, if you do not understand the code you are working with, you are going to wind up with a whole lot of silly mistakes that would never had occurred had you understood what you were doing in the first place.

Lectures aside.. some code showing what you have already started working on would be helpful.

hi kanaku.............

i want to achieve dis only with the help of dreamweaver 8..
help me if u can??????????/

Have you tried checking the post here?

*meh... I don't have dreamweaver*

The code in there can be used for any program. I think dreamweaver allows you to enter your own code, right? Follow the same instructions in the thread but instead of typing it in notepad, type them in code view of dreamweaver.

u stil not understand what i want to say...............
in dreamweaver we dont need need to write all the code...
dreamweaver includes built in feauters which helps to achieve adding new users to the database table, verifying username and password, retrieving user info, deleting users, etc. It also makes the initial connection to the MySQL database..........
so it makes our process very ease without any headache..........
lol i hope u understand.............

Well, if Dreamweaver can do that, you don't need any code at all. =p

Here is a set of tutorials from connecting to the database to user authentication.

Don't ask me about Dreamweaver though. *runs away*

Last time I used Dreamweaver for anything other then my FTP it didn't magically write code for me.. lol

It does do a lot of stuff for you but you will have some serious headaches if you do not actually know what you are doing.

I am sure you do not want to read this but Dreamweaver is a crutch that will keep you from achieving your potential. It has many features but it also lacks many features like a thinking brain and this will cause problems.

Start with looking at that tutorial and script the login system the right way by fully understanding what you are doing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.