I have researched and have not come up with any examples and no answer as to how to do this. Please help... The molecular2.java does all the computation. I will only include a snippet of it.
This file is like this because I needed to return multiple items and could not find another way to do it.

public String getResult(String mw)
{
if(overallcount == 1.0)
{
String overallcount 4 = String.valueOf(overallcount1);
return overallcount4;
}
else
{
String overallcount3 = String.valueOf(overallcount);
for(int i=0; i<j; i++)
{
if(coeff[i] != 0.0)
{
 finalcoeff[i] = ((coeff[i]/overallcount)*100);
} // keep in mind that and array called element[], has already been filled
}
return overallcount3;
}
}

I want to pass the information hat I get here to a servlet that looks like this and is called MoleCalc.java

public class Molecalc extends javax.servlet.http.HTTPServlet implements javax.servlet.Servlet {
protected void doGet (...)
{
RequestDispatcher disp = request.getRequestDispatcher("jsp/Calculators/MoleCalc.jsp");
if((request.getParameter("submit")==null) || (request.getParameter("submit").length() == 0))
{//do nothing
}
else //user hits submit button
{
if((request.getParameter("mole") != null) && (request.getParameter("mole").length() > 0))
{
String moleS = request.getParameter("mole");
String moleStr = "";
String overallcount = "";
try
{
overallcount = Molecular2.getResult(moleS);
if(overallcount == "1.0")
{
request.setAttribute("mole","");
request.setAttribute("moleformula","");
request.setAttribute("errormsg", "Did no t enter a proper equation");
}
}
}

Could someone please tell me how to implement the array into this code? I have tried everything that I can imagine but it is not working.
I am figuring that for the jsp, which is MoleCalc.jsp, that I would just do a couple of foreach statements.

<form name = "moleformula" method="get" action="MoleCalc.java" onsubmit = "return vInputMoleformula(this);">
<h3>enter the Molecular Formula: </h3>
<td><input type="text" name="mole" id="mole" value="" maxlength="10" size="10"/> Molecular Formula </td>
<input class="submitButton" type="submit" value="Compute" name="submit" /> <br />
<h2> Molecular Weight = <c:out value="${moleformula}"/> g.</h2><br/>
<br> The formula entered was: <c:out value="${mole}"/><br/>
<h2><font color=red><c:out value="${errormsg}"/></font></h2><br/></form></div>

I am not a student working on an assignment for school and trying to weasle answers out of you all. I am terribly lost and am in desperate need of some suggestions as to how to attack this problem. Any help would be great.... Thanks!

If you check this tutorial you should be able to find answer to your question

commented: :P There you go advertising your thread again +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.