Hey all,
My situation is this..

A user has already selected the items into the shopping cart.
Now it is on to the transaction table. So all the items are added to the transaction table for the user to purchase the items.
When it goes to the transaction, the shopping cart has to be cleared so that when another user enters the website, the shopping cart will be empty for that user.
1. How can the items in the shopping cart be inserted into the transaction table?
2. How can i clear the shopping cart for the next user?

How can i achieve this using dreamweaver in PHP?
Hopefully someone can provide a tutorial for this because im a beginner in PHP.
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When it goes to the transaction, the shopping cart has to be cleared so that when another user enters the website, the shopping cart will be empty for that user.

This does not look like a good idea, if I am understanding you then it would mean that everyone on the site would 'share' the cart...

Have a look at sessions, in your tables, add a column for 'session_id' or similar and use the session ID for this, this would mean that multiple users can have items in the cart at the same time and also would mean that once they click the checkout or pay button that you can remove only their items from the cart.

How is the cart stored? Browser cookies? A session on the server?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.