I have some javascript that inputs a date into a textbox upon the selection from a pop-up calendar.
I need to add a function call - GetSchedule() - within this calendar javascript code.
My function will use the date that has been assigned to the text box so will need to be called after this assignment has been carried out.
My problem is the javascript was written elsewhere and is beyond my limited knowledge, I was looking for some help as to finding the point in the javascript where the date selected by the popup is assigned to the text box value, so I can make my function call after this point?

Due to length of code thought it would be better to link to it here: http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/...up/source.html

Hey Millsy007,

If the text box has an 'id' then you can just use a small bit of Javascript to grab the value from the textbox.

For example, if your textbox was called 'my_textbox'

<input type="text" id="my_textbox" size="25" />

You could use the following to grab the value from it:

<script type="text/javascript">

// Grab the value and store it in a variable called 'value'
var value = document.getElementById('my_textbox').value;

// This is just for testing purposes (create a popup message containing the value)
alert(value);

</script>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.