Hello Everybody,

Wondering if any of the experts could help me out.

I am trying to create a forum system for my university website.

I have created the tables by using WAMP-phpMyAdmin, where the data from the forum would be inserted.

Now, I would like to implement this using PHP.

I know that I need to create a index.php page but this is where I am stuck as I have no idea?

I have no problems with creating a config.php files for my connections to the database!

Please Advice.

Cheers:)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are loads of tutorials for this. I found this one best.

!Unreal's suggestion is best, you haven't said what you want in index.php, you haven't said what the table structure is...

You aren't giving us anything to work with.

Once you have a file, post here asking questions if it doesn't work, but we aren't here to do your homework for you.

There are loads of tutorials for this. I found this one best.

Thanks "!Unreal" appreciate your help:) This was exactly what I was looking for infact. I have been searching tutorials like these on google for ages and never came across this......

Unreal's suggestion is best, you haven't said what you want in index.php, you haven't said what the table structure is...

You aren't giving us anything to work with.

Once you have a file, post here asking questions if it doesn't work, but we aren't here to do your homework for you.

Appreciate your suggestion sir! Its just that I had been trying few tutorials in the past which werent working for some reasons so had lost the plot to live....;)

Also mate! not trying to get answers or want experts here to do my homework.......have no intensions like these..........

I have created websites in the past based on asp.net...etc but PHP is completely different.......atleast for me....

And yes I should have posted question with a bit of thinking.....:$
completely my bad......

Anyways I will have a digg at the above tutorial posted by !Unreal and post problems that will make sense.........:D

Thanks

Also mate! not trying to get answers or want experts here to do my homework.......have no intensions like these..........

Good enough, just you had no apparent effort put into your first post, and said 'I am trying to create a forum system for my university website.'
My bad:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.