Hello is there anyone here that is agreat forum creater I need your help please!! I just cant seem to make a great forum can someone help me create a forum?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

what do you expect from good forum creators???

Well anything actually just need a Forum created where I can place ads if anyone can help oh and a forum that can get traffic

just use open source web forum like phpbb or smf forum

try vBulletin

phpbb is good choice

Most of the web hosts allows you install forum like phpBB at a click of button.

I've build many many sites on PhpBB. It's very easy to write custom code into and really turn it into a social site rather than just a forum.

How do i add the custom code in phbb forums i tried so many times what is it under??

It depends on what kind of code you're talking about. If you simply want to change the theme or alter the HTML, there's a template system in PhpBB, but how you get to it depends on what version you're using.

If you want to alter the PHP, like I was talking about, you have to edit the files that make up PhpBB. You would, of course, have to know enough about PHP to get around and change what you need to be changed. There is no option in PHpBB to do this, as you are altering the files that actually make everything you see.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.