Hi guy,

i'm newbie of .net language. Last week i found a new method at the .net with vb.net language. That is in the Global.asax, you are enable to store a global variable. The common at below: Application("ABC")="CDE" i doubt that this method with cookies or session. Besides this, i confuse that when i need this method and when i need to cookies or session?

Application("abc") creates a global variable to your application, it is accessible from all sessions(from all browsers), session("abc") creates a browser specific variable for your application, only current session holder can access that variable; cookies("abc") creates a browser specific variable using the cookies on client computer, so it does not consume any memory on the server.

Application("abc") creates a global variable to your application, it is accessible from all sessions(from all browsers), session("abc") creates a browser specific variable for your application, only current session holder can access that variable; cookies("abc") creates a browser specific variable using the cookies on client computer, so it does not consume any memory on the server.

Thanks for your reply. But i still confuse that what means for Applicaton("abc") is acessible from all session(from all browser)? what means for from all browser? Can you explain for details?