APD_Toronto 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I have created a web-application in Classic ASP, and one of the reports contains X number of columns and Y number of rows. Both x and y are unknown at design-time, and most likely, this report will span onto multiple of pages down and across.

I’m wondering if its possible, using HTML / CSS or anything else to print such a report, having the first row and column repeat on every page?

I have found the following code that repeats the first row one on every down page:

tHead  {display : table-header-group;}

However, not only that column 1 doesn’t repeat on every across page, but also IE cuts off the column where my first across page ends, and doesn’t print the remaining columns. For example, if I have a 8-column table, and only 5.5 columns fit, column 6 prints partially, and columns7 and 8 aren’t printed at all.

I also cannot instruct the user to click shrink to fit, as it will be too small, and there may be even 20 columns by 70 rows, or more, depending on the criteria.

It would also be nice to set the page orientation automatically to landscape.

I was also wondering if there is any pixel to inches ratio, and if I can set page breaks, I may be able to use that to create 1 <table> per page?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.