Hi i am new to PHP,
Can anyone fix this problem to me. i am writing a code to change password where i have already encoded a password and stored in database. and in a new changepassword form i have to do two things one is to get the oldpassword , encode it and compare it with already stored password and the second one is to get NEWPASSWORD , encode it and store it in DB. ie i need to encode two times . one is for old password and another is for new password. i succesfully encode old password and checks it to DB. But i am unable to encode a NEWPASSWORD.

function encode5t($OldPassword)
		{
 		 for($i=0; $i<5;$i++)
  		  {
   		  $OldPassword=strrev(base64_encode($OldPassword)); 
  		}		
  		  return $OldPassword;
		}
	$EncOldPwd = encode5t($OldPassword);
	function encode5t($NewPassword)
		{
 		 for($i=0; $i<5;$i++)
  		  {
   		  $NewPassword=strrev(base64_encode($NewPassword)); 
  		}		
  		  return $NewPassword;
		}
	$EncNEWPwd = encode5t($OldPassword);

WHEN I RUN THIS i got the error as

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare encode5t() (previously declared in C:\wamp\www\prawin\new\locations\test\admin\Changepassword.php:9) in C:\wamp\www\prawin\new\locations\test\admin\Changepassword.php on line 25

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

dont for get to base64_decode

and i think you might want to change the function name to some thing else then function encode5t for both of them

also are you includeing this file into your script more then once possibly ?

You don't have to write the function twice to call it twice, once is enough. Try something like this:

<?php
function encode5t($password)
		{
                  $ret = $password;
 		 for($i=0; $i<5;$i++)
  		  {
   		  $ret=strrev(base64_encode($ret)); 
  		}		
  		  return $ret;
		}

$EncOldPwd = encode5t($OldPassword);
$EncNEWPwd = encode5t($NewPassword);
?>
commented: useful +4

Please forgive me for replying this late, but I found this code in use on one of my client's websites.

DO NOT EVER USE THIS CODE FOR "ENCRYPTION" AND/OR "HASHING" ANYWHERE, EVER.

A) It's not encryption or hashing as it's trivially reversible
B) Longer plaintext results in longer codewords
C) Similar plaintext yields similar codewords
D) I will kill you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.