i have created an asp.net website.

it was working fine...the project builds ..but suddenly now when i run the project internet explorer opens with the page cannot be displayed message...it is happenning for all the sample websites i have in my pc tooo... what is the problem. i am getting nutss!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try opening the site in another browser like in firefox?

If you are running vista this can have some issues with how it uses ip address's and seems to effect sites running out of the development server on visual studio - check the ipv4 and ipv6 settings in your connections!

Make sure if you're using a seperate code source (code behind page) that the references and paths are correct. I know the first time I uploaded my asp.net project, I forgot to upload my code source pages and had similar issues. Maybe your references aren't correct...did you change or move files around in your directory structure? For instance, if my home.aspx page is in the same directory as my home.aspx.cs page, they should have a reference as below...did you by chance move them to another directory without changing the references?

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" [B]CodeFile="home.aspx.cs"[/B] Inherits="Home" Title="Your Title %>

If you had moved home.aspx to say /content_files/home.aspx then your code reference should reflect the same.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.