mindgames 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,

I'd like to get this Greasemonkey(*) script to work for me (it's been written by someone else, but I haven't been able to get a response from the author):

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/49821

Basically what the script is supposed to is to integrate "yamli" (a Latin to Arabic transliteration engine that can be accessed through Javascript) into all input text boxes and textareas on a web page. However, as it is, it does nothing for me... I've tried it with different version of Firefox 2.x and 3.x under Windows and Linux.

Referring to the source code in the link above, I believe the problem lies somewhere in the following piece code within the loadJsFile() function (which looks like its supposed to execute a callback function on an onload event):

if (callback) {
                file.onload = callback;
        }

because the code right before it does get executed (I confirmed that by looking at the page under the Firebug extension for Firefox).

I could probably work it out myself if I had the time, but unfortunately right now I'm quite busy and my working knowledge of Javascript is limited.

I would really appreciate any help... thank you in advance.

(*) In case you haven't heard of it before, "Greasemonkey is a Mozilla Firefox add-on that allows users to install scripts that make on-the-fly changes to most HTML-based web pages" (Wikipedia).