I have deployed my application at the client side using .net 2.0. I am getting a datetime parsing error. The error log shows some wierd date format - "17/mm/31/mm/2009 1:24:39" for "06/18/2009 1:24:39". The code parse the system.date.
The same application in .net 1.0 is working fine. there seems to be some problem with .net 2.0 , not so sure. Any help in this regards is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>kishoregund>I have deployed my application at the client side using .net 2.0. I am getting a datetime parsing error.

Check the regional setting of your client's machine.

>The error log shows some wierd date format - "17/mm/31/mm/2009 1:24:39" for "06/18/2009 1:24:39". The code parse the system.date.

Can I see the format string of date?

>The same application in .net 1.0 is working fine. there seems to be some problem with .net 2.0 , not so sure. Any help in this regards is appreciated.

Well, an application developed with .net 2.0 and it is wokring in .net 1.0; Please justify this caluse.

The regional setting are proper using English(United States) as standard format. The application is created using .net 1.0 which is working fine on user machine. The same application was migrated to .net 2.0 which is throwing the mentioned error on the same machine.
The date passed for conversion is the system date via the user Date control. It seems to be some problem out there. Will check out there.

Any help from your experience is appreciated.
Thanks.

>kishoregund>I have deployed my application at the client side using .net 2.0. I am getting a datetime parsing error.

Check the regional setting of your client's machine.

>The error log shows some wierd date format - "17/mm/31/mm/2009 1:24:39" for "06/18/2009 1:24:39". The code parse the system.date.

Can I see the format string of date?

>The same application in .net 1.0 is working fine. there seems to be some problem with .net 2.0 , not so sure. Any help in this regards is appreciated.

Well, an application developed with .net 2.0 and it is wokring in .net 1.0; Please justify this caluse.

IS it always or sometimes?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.