Hi,
I m getting this compiling error in asp.net ..
"Could not write to output file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\needsunlimited\a2548f63\3bfeee38\App_Web_eg94tkhh.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '"

Please any Help me..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you using an XmlSerializer when this error occurs during runtime, or is this a compile time error? Could you also include the error number.

Also check this posting:
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread146-cs0016-could-not-write-to-output-file-cwindowstemporary-aspn.aspx

thx for replying.
i m not using XmlSerializer.. i have not yet started coding, i m just designing master page(putting panels and tables).
i have visited this thread but in my property there is not security tab. i have converted my fat32 system ntfs also..

Is this a runtime error when you launch the debugger or is it happening while you are designing the site? Do you see it in the IDE or in the browser? Can you paste the _complete_ error information?

This may due to some permission setting in Temp folder. To solve it,

1. Go to %Systemroot%, normally C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT
2. Right-click the Temporary folder (mine is C:\WINDOWS\Temp) and select Sharing and Security. Select the Security tab and take a look at the list of “Group or user names:”
3. NETWORK SERVICE should be in the list. If it is not, click Add and type Network Service in the text box:
4. Make sure NETWORK SERVICE have Full Control in the Permissions list.
5. Click OK.
6. Restart IIS (Run iisreset)

Tell me if it works

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.