I have an asp.net application done in visual studio 2005. When I run the application from code, it rums properly but when I compile the site and run it from IIS there is an ODBCerror. The same is the case when I run the code from IIS instead of running the code from the file system. I figure this is an issue with the IIS, how do i resolve this.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i'm not sure about this but this kind of errors comes out when your are not running vs2005/2008 in admin mode or your project folder does not have rights.....which can be done using Security Tab. which would be available when you select your folder and right click and select properties and select the security tab. and allow permissions.

or might be the case u r connection string format is incorrect;
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;

i'm not sure about this but this kind of errors comes out when your are not running vs2005/2008 in admin mode or your project folder does not have rights.....which can be done using Security Tab. which would be available when you select your folder and right click and select properties and select the security tab. and allow permissions.

or might be the case u r connection string format is incorrect;
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;

When I am running from visual studio the site runs ok, with the same connection, which is an Informix DSN, but when I compile the same site and upload on IIS, an ODBC error is thrown by the page. Which is why I thought it has something to do with the IIS as the page runs correctly from code on the same user profile and same connection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.