Hi I was wondering if there is a way to make a tutorials website with php, like html tutorial, show code in the site.
then...
have a database with the tutorials
then pull the title in a tutorials.php site
then to be able to add html code and php code to show and not to run.

then click in the tutorial title and how the entire title.

can any one please help me?? thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You can use bbcode to show php code.

If you are that new to php, do you really want to create a php tutorial site??

I am new to php, and kind of new to HTML, so what I want, is a place on my website to add tutorials, like for example I found a good tutorial about makeign tables with html, so I would read through it and make a tutorial for my self, then post it on the website, so next time I need to make a table with HTML I can see my tutorial and remind me how to.

Is this posible, I just want a place where I can login and type stuff and type html or php code like <table> </table> with out it being runed...

thanks..

elamigosam,
Only an expert can write tutorials. HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP presents that tutorials.

Member Avatar for diafol

THe tutorials you're talking should not be reproduced on your site without permission. I don't think your idea is valid as it stands. If I wrote a tutorial and then found it on somebody else's website, I'd be mightily peeved.

I am new to php, and kind of new to HTML, so what I want, is a place on my website to add tutorials, like for example I found a good tutorial about makeign tables with html, so I would read through it and make a tutorial for my self, then post it on the website, so next time I need to make a table with HTML I can see my tutorial and remind me how to.

Is this posible, I just want a place where I can login and type stuff and type html or php code like <table> </table> with out it being runed...

thanks..

Would it not just be easier to add the link to your web site and go to it when you need it. Rather that just copying it and potentially upsetting another website for copying their tutorials.

i see, so i will just add the links, cus keeping trak of somany links, it is kind of hard, my bookmarks folder is full, and it is kind of hard keeping track of what everything is, thanks..

Member Avatar for diafol

How is your bookmarks folder full?? Re-organize with a number of subfolders.

However, why don't you use a code library/repository - see http://www.php-csl.com/ for a good example. You can then keep all your bits of code in a handy place.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.