Hi my friend
I installed php helpdesk script on our intranet this script use phpSniff to capture client IP address and we have Proxy server in our network.
I have problem:
1- If proxy setting was not set the script return the client IP true but if proxy setting was set the script return the proxy IP I need the the script return IP client when the proxy setting was set.
2- I want type [http://helpdesk] on address par to go to the script page but the server where script was installed has name like[server1] I want to do that without change the server name.
please help me.

For your first question about ip addresses, php can only detect the ip address which is sent from the isp (internet service provider). So if for example a proxy server is setup then only the last link in the ip address chain before reaching your isp will be recorded and readable by php. So the variable/array for getting the ip address from as far traced back as possible is the following:

<?
echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
?>

As for your second question, if your trying to make fake domains under a localhost environment then I would suggest to look at the apache virtual host configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.