Freedom2 0 Newbie Poster

This old fart is attempting to get his aged brain wrapped around this mysql/php stuff. Getting my data from Excel into a Mysql db took some doing, but I got it done. Hooray for me! Now I've been trying to get that data into a page using php. I've managed to get the text fields to display; however, I'm stumped at getting an image called--this is where I've fried what's left of my gray matter, so I've registered here, after not finding what I was looking for, in the hopes that one of you whiz kids could point me on the right path.

My db consists of the following 4 fields: id (being used solely as an identifier), alt (to hopefully be used as the image's alt text), caption (display some text to go with the image), and image (such as myimage.jpg etc)

My images are stored at: mysitedotcom/imagefolder

My objective is to display a dozen images in a tidy table, and for the next page all I would have to do is change the table location and image path--after uploading new data to the db.
My Code, such as it is:

<html>
 <head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 <body>
<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuser = 'blogging_test';
$dbpass = 'mypassword';
$dbname = "blogging_test";

//this is where I'm stumped (obviously)//

mysql_close($conn);
?>
</body>
</html>

That was kind of long-winded, but I thought it best to provide as much info as possible.

txs for having a look,
Old Fart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.