adamdk 0 Newbie Poster

Hello

I want to nest one listview inside another one, with the inner listview's data source taking a bound value from the parents as a parameter.

Both DataSources are Stored Procedures.

For example, imagine I have a database with two tables for car information, MAKE and MODEL.

I want to list every make, and then underneath this I want to list each model belonging to that make.

While this could be done in other ways, I want to use nested listviews so that I can maintain control of hoiw the data is presented and could change it in future if needed.

This is for an ASP.net page.

Ideally, I would like it so that you only see the models for the currently selected make also, but that can be an improvement later on, for now I would just like to see how i can achieve my data being displayed properly.

Parent is bound to stored procedure retriving id and name of make, then i need to use the id as a paramater for sub-stored procedure.

Sorry i make little sense, english is not my first or second language!

thankyou for any help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.