This is part of the code to a login form. The only file is index.php. The code continues but it what you get after you have successfully logged in. It doesn't matter what I put the the login form, when I hit the "log in" button, if just reloads the page, with no errors or anything. I have the database and everything set up correctly as far as I know. I'm not sure if you need anymore information. If you do I can get it to you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck on this for a few hours now.

session_start();
if ($form == 'sent') {
    unset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS);
    session_destroy();
}
global $asess_name, $asess_passwd, $asess_data;
session_register("asess_name");
session_register("asess_passwd");
session_register("asess_data");
include('../vars.php');
mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pwd);
mysql_select_db($db_name);
if (!isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS["asess_name"])) {
    if ($form = 'sent' && ereg($self_name, $HTTP_REFERER)) {
        if ($login == "" || $passwd == "" || ereg('%', $login) || ereg('%', $passwd)) {
            echo("<html><head><title>$title</title></head><body><p align=center><font face=$fontface><b>
<span style=\"background-color: $admincolor\">&nbsp;$title Control Panel </span></b>
</font></p><div align=center><center>
<table border=\"0\" style=\"border-collapse: collapse\" bordercolor=\"#111111\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"3\">
<form method=post action=/control/><input type=hidden name=form value=sent><tr>
<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" bgcolor=\"$admincolor\"><b>
<font face=\"$fontface\" size=\"2\">Login</font>:</b></td>
<td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"login\" size=\"25\" style=\"font-family: $fontface; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold\"></td>
</tr><tr><td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" bgcolor=\"$admincolor\">
<font face=\"$fontface\" size=\"2\"><b>Password:</b></font></td>
<input type=\"password\" name=\"passwd\" size=\"25\" style=\"font-size: 8pt; font-family: $fontface; font-weight: bold\"></td>
</tr><tr><td></td><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">
<input type=\"submit\" value=\"Log in\" style=\"font-family: $fontface; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; float: right\"></td>
</tr></form></table></center></div></body></html>");
            session_destroy();
            exit;
        }
        global $login, $passwd;
        $asess_name = $login;
        $asess_passwd = $passwd;
        header("Location: /control/?".SID);
        exit;
    }
    echo("<html><head><title>$title</title></head><body><p align=\"center\"><font face=\"$fontface\"><b>
<span style=\"background-color: $admincolor\">&nbsp;$title Control Panel </span></b>
</font></p><div align=center><center>
<table border=\"0\" style=\"border-collapse: collapse\" bordercolor=\"#111111\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"3\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"login\" size=\"25\" style=\"font-family: $fontface; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold\"></td>
<input type=\"password\" name=\"passwd\" size=\"25\" style=\"font-size: 8pt; font-family: $fontface; font-weight: bold\"></td>
<input type=\"submit\" value=\"Log in\" style=\"font-family: $fontface; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; float: right\"></td>
    session_destroy();
    exit;
} else {
    $res = mysql_query("select value from admin where field='login'");
    $dblogin = mysql_result($res, 0);
    $res = mysql_query("select value from admin where field='passwd'");
    $dbpasswd = mysql_result($res, 0);
    if ($asess_name != $dblogin || $asess_passwd != $dbpasswd || !ereg($self_name, $HTTP_REFERER)) {
        echo("<html><head><title>$title</title></head><body><p align=\"center\"><font face=\"$fontface\"><b>
</font></p><div align=\"center\"><center>
       session_destroy();
       exit;
    }
}

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If your system has register_globals turned off in php.ini (the default in R5), then it doesn't look as if your code is dealing with it (e.g. if ($form == "sent").

It may not be related but on line 14 it seems that you would want it to say:
if ($form == "sent" ...

Well, I tried added the extra = and turning on global variables, still nothing. It acts as though I just refreshed the page.

When I ran your code, it tries to go to control/ which seems to be the way you coded it. Don't know why you can't get out of the initial module

Hi there,
I think the problem might be that you never assign values from the $_POST array into your variables ($login, $passwd, etc.) Unless you do this in your include('../vars.php'). But other wise your variable will always be empty.

Well, I just took out the include statement and just copied the data in its place. vars.php is just my database information. Still nothing...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.