hi there guys! how can i add textbox using button? i know that it can be done using javascript but i was required to use php. Is it possible to do it in php? thanks

Recommended Answers

for this to work in php you would need to get the page to reload/refresh.

personally, if i ever wanted to do something like this i'd use Javascript. I'd more than likely use the Jquery Javascript framework to do it.

Jump to Post

As I see it you have 3 options, in my opinion these are order worst to best solution.

1. On clicking the button transfer to the same/differnt page, which handles adding the textbox based on GET/POST paramaters and using the $_SESSION variable to hold stuff.

2. Make an …

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

for this to work in php you would need to get the page to reload/refresh.

personally, if i ever wanted to do something like this i'd use Javascript. I'd more than likely use the Jquery Javascript framework to do it.

As I see it you have 3 options, in my opinion these are order worst to best solution.

1. On clicking the button transfer to the same/differnt page, which handles adding the textbox based on GET/POST paramaters and using the $_SESSION variable to hold stuff.

2. Make an AJAX call on the click of the button to a page where your server side logic knows to give back a textbox. This would be inserted into the page using javascript.

3. Use pure javascript to do it...

for the latter somthing like this might work:

<script>
	function AddTextBox(){
		document.getElementById('container').innerHTML='<input type="text">';
	}
</script>
<button onclick="AddTextBox();">push me</button>
<div id="container"></div>

make the equals sign in 'innerHTML =' into a += and you can spam new textbox's to your hearts content.

ok i like your idea but im required to use php. im getting the point in reloading the page, but how? should i use function to display the textbox?

If you have to use PHP then simply reload your page with a GET param is probably the easyest way:

say you are doing this for index.php, simply put a link to index.php?withButton=true (you can link with a button using a variety of methods).

in ur php, where the textbox would be displayed put somthing to the effect of....

<?php if(isset($_GET['withButton'])){ ?>
<input type="text">
<?php } ?>

I cant remember with PHP if the isset() is essential but its there for safety sake.

<?php if(isset($_GET['withButton'])){ echo '<input type="text">'; } ?>

shorter

how can I add the variable name? <name="id"> how to auto increment the text name? <name="id2"> and so on

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.