Hello i want help on saving large text into the database and the structure of the data should be maintain i.e the paragrah,insertion point, list example if i enter a an html code structure in a textbox on saving and retriving it to display i should retain the structure, I have been searching for help for a while but i could not get solution to the problem pls i need it urgently in vb.net coding.

Secondly, I want i retrive image to a gridview i have the full path of the image in the database but to now display it in the database is the problem please help me with this

Regarding your question about images please see this thread:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread209172.html

There are also a few other threads in the forum with the same question. I guess you guys are all in the same class? :P

Regarding the large text you should use a varchar(max) column to store the data. It will maintain the integrity of the data and is capable of storing binary.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.