Ana D. 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hi,

In my page, I have a GridView and a FormView. Every time a selected item in the GridView is edited in the FormView, both the GridView and the FormView are updated.
In the FormView, I have a couple of textBoxes and a checkBoxList. I want to bind the checkBoxList according to what the user types in the textBox. In this case, it's *not* an auto-suggest. What I want is, the user type something and, when he goes to other TextBox (the firstTextBox loses its focus) then the checkBoxList is bound.

A tried perform this task putting the formview inside an UpdatePanel and, in the code behind, I included this code:

Protected Sub TitleTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
        If MyFormView.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Edit Or MyFormView.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Insert Then
            Dim TitleTextBox As TextBox = MyFormView.FindControl("TitleTextBox")
            TitleTextBox.Attributes.Add("onblur", "javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'" & TitleTextBox.ClientID & "\',\'\')', 0)")
        End If
    End Sub

And in the Page_Load:

If Page.IsPostBack Then
            If MyFormView.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Edit Or MyFormView.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Insert Then
                BindCheckBoxList()
            End If
        End If

However, anything happens. The TitleTextBox_TextChanged is not even called. Any ideas of how can I accomplish my goal?

Thanks,

Ana