Hi guys
I'm using asp membership for user authentication and it works perfect. I want to store username into cookies once the user logs in, i tried to implement cookies behind the login control so that when the user logs in the username can be stored into cookies.
Once i implement the cookies behind the login control, the application cant log in anymore, it prompts log in fail message. I just need help on how can i implement this cookies in such a way the log in process cannot be affected.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

The Login control has built-in 'Remember Me' feature. It will take care of remembering cookies. See the RememberMeSet property of Login control.

When the RememberMeSet property is true, the authentication cookie sent to the user's computer is set to expire in 50 years, making it a persistent cookie that will be used when the user next visits the Web site

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.