arunajasmine 0 Newbie Poster

i am trying to use the File upload feature in my application ..

i am having a Form with many fields of type Text,textarea and including File upload FIeld.

I have kept a Submit button at the end of the Form which on click will submit the actual value of the textbox /textarea and even the value for the Field of type File upload.

How to get the actual file that is uploaded and to save it in a location so that i can view the uploaded file later on ..

The code that i have used is,

<form method="post" action="/FormBuilder/index.php/forms/submit/93/13" id="ResultSubmit" > 

<div class="input file">
      <label for="276">Choose Ur File To Upload</label>
        <input type="file" value="" style="width: 400px;" id="276" name="Choose ur file to upload"/>
  </div><br/>

<div class="input text">
          <label for="277">Name</label>
         <input type="text" value="" style="width: 200px;" id="277" name="Name"/>         
      </div>            <br/>

<div class="submit"><input type="submit" value="submit"/></div>
 </form>

Action Submit in the Cakephp controller is

function submit($formid = null,$fillerid=null)
    {

$this->data['Result']['form_id']=$formid;
                $this->data['Result']['submitter_id']=$fillerid;
                $this->data['Result']['submitter']=$this->Session->read('filler');
                echo "submitter: ".$this->Session->read('filler');
                $results=$this->Form->hasResults($this->data);
                                echo http_build_query($_POST);

if(empty($results)){
                                foreach ($_POST as $key => $value):
                                        if(is_array($value)){
                                            $value = implode('', $_POST[$key]);
                                            $this->data['Result']['value']=$value;
                        }
                 else{
                                                                   $this->data['Result']['value']=$value;
                }

$this->data['Result']['form_id']=$formid;
                        $this->data['Result']['submitter_id']=$fillerid;        
                        $this->data['Result']['label']=Inflector::humanize($key);
                        $this->data['Result']['submitter']=$this->Session->read('filler');
                                                $this->Form->submitForm($this->data);
                                endforeach;

$this->Session->setFlash('Your entry has been submitted.');

$this->Invite->updateAll(array('Invite.filled'=>"'Yes'"),array('Invite.id'=>"$fillerid"));                      
                }else{  

$this->Session->setFlash('You have already filled the Form .');
        }

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.