I am trying to run my web project on Localhost but the browser is not able to load any of the .aspx pages whether related to this project or any other .aspx page..
The message displayed by the browser is"IE cannot Display the page"
plz give me the solution for this problem

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am just developing the project and for debugging I am running individual .aspx pages using VISUAL STUDIO default server, but the browser is not able to display the contents....I think the problem is with the Local host(Visual Studio default Server) but don't know how to Rectify it..

To deploy asp.net web application you need IIS. Take a look at this article - Creating Virtual Directories in IIS.

I think the problem is with your IIS or the way u are creating your virtual directory

I suggest you to try and make a virtual directory on some other machine and try to execute

I am trying to run my web project on Localhost but the browser is not able to load any of the .aspx pages whether related to this project or any other .aspx page..
The message displayed by the browser is"IE cannot Display the page"
plz give me the solution for this problem

Hi Pradeep,

Better check with your system configuration or create your host using virtual directory or else try deploying your code without building solution(ie) press Shift F5

thanks for your replys ....actually it was a problem with the localhost port number ,I reinstalled Visual studio and the problem solved....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.