Hi all,
Can anyone tell me HOw to make a batch file for creating a shortcut on desktop in HTML....?
Well i made a application in HTML, and i put this application in CD, now i want that when user run that CD, So Cd will automatically create a shortcut on desktop, and when i click on CD, So my application starts.
And if Cd is not present in CD ROM, So application should not be start.
Like the functionality we have in some gamess CDs....
CAn anyone tell me how can i do this, or just give me some idea......

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well donaldw,
can you tell me some simpler way to do this........?

Well donaldw,
can you tell me some simpler way to do this........?

Hmm, I'm not sure if there would be a simpler way of doing it. If there is, I don't know it. I've never created shortcuts programatically before, but I've created WAV files from scratch and it seems to be a similar deal. Shortcuts, unfortunately, aren't just plain text files where you can write plain-text file path to them; they have all the components described int the links I posted above, which need to be populated. As long as you can do file I/O and write hex data to a file, it shouldn't be too complicated. Try opening an existing shortcut with a hex editor/viewer and you'll get an idea of what you'll have to write to the file you create.

ok thanks donaldw..........:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.