ok so what i am trying to do it have the app that i am working more private as in make the browser clear the data with in the input forms so that it is not displayng info.

for example if i was to type my name in a name box on a form then submit it. then go back to the same form and start typing my name again it would show it as an auto suggest thing. i am trying to remove that little feature with php.

tell me that there is a simple way that doesn make me sound insane

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

a simple way is to rename the form variables. like append a unique number to the variable

ok but that will mess with the post data so i will not get the data i need to process.

ok but that will mess with the post data so i will not get the data i need to process.

not true. you could preg match for the name, ignore numbers on the end, create a table in the session to match, etc, etc. endless ways to keep track

thanks for the reply. that seems like a lot of work to do just to make sure that it doesnt remember the fields.

i was just on my online banking site and i did noticed that they were using a new thing to me. autocomplete="off" giving a link to the info on it.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/_INPUT_AUTOCOMPLETE.html

yeah, that would work for most, but remember, this was created by microsoft and you may run into compliancy and not being supported on some browsers.

i just am more worried about chrome ff and ie. the people that i am developing for are not that texh savy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.