Heya guys, i just had a quick situation i wanted to ask about. I've got a form created and when i submit it, $_POST contains 4 identical sets of data. Basically i had 3 separate table forms. One to collect information and enter a query, one to post the results and add selected ones to a session, and one to display the current session.

Separately they were working fine, now i've combined them all and have php dynamically add and remove portions as needed. Everything is working except for the fact that when i add to the session it adds 4 times, and when i print_r on post it's also got multiple sets of data.

Just wondering if there's any weird quirks that may be causing this before i start picking code out and posting it. I'm pretty new to using post, so i'm unaware of some of it's behaviors.

Thanks a lot guys and happy holidays.
Lloyd

Bah messed with this for a couple hours, posted this message, and solved it 10 mins later hehe. The extra form data affected one of my counters which was using count() on post to iterate a for loop. Which is where the extra data was coming from.

Heya guys, i just had a quick situation i wanted to ask about. I've got a form created and when i submit it, $_POST contains 4 identical sets of data. Basically i had 3 separate table forms. One to collect information and enter a query, one to post the results and add selected ones to a session, and one to display the current session.

Separately they were working fine, now i've combined them all and have php dynamically add and remove portions as needed. Everything is working except for the fact that when i add to the session it adds 4 times, and when i print_r on post it's also got multiple sets of data.

Just wondering if there's any weird quirks that may be causing this before i start picking code out and posting it. I'm pretty new to using post, so i'm unaware of some of it's behaviors.

Thanks a lot guys and happy holidays.
Lloyd

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.