hai friend's how to use the bullets in HTML , we use the editor for hmtl is dreamviewer , ya i use the bullets but the aligment change's if i use the bullets'

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi,

i think , bullet means " unordered list".
i think,
<body>
<ul type="disc">
<li> x </li>
<li> Y </li>
</ul>
</body>
it works.

if the above reply didn't work then use css.

Just add:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
li {
	text-indent: -30px;
}
-->
</style>

Adjust as needed. Hope this helps.

i noticed in dreamweaver that you have to put a . in front of the css style so

<!--
.li {
}
-->

i noticed in dreamweaver that you have to put a . in front of the css style so

<!--
.li {
}
-->

You only have to put the dot in the front of the style when you are basically creating your own style. Without the dot, like I had sent, the style applies across the board to every li tag in the document.

Basically, if you use the tag selector, the style applies across the board to every tag as defined in the style sheet. If you create a class (the ones with the dots) then that style can be applied to any tag.

So if you needed all of the LI tags to not indent, you would use the style sheet like I posted.

If you only needed one specific instance of LI tags to not indent, then it should be relegated to a class and applied only in the instances which it is needed.

If you have any other questions, just ask! :)

Member Avatar for diafol

BTW: this isn't php - should be moved to CSS.

@nats .li means a 'class' called 'li' in normal css parlance.

If you want a bullet list with no indent:

ul{
  margin:0;
  padding:0;
  list-style-type: ####;
}
li{
  margin:0;
  padding:0;
}

The list-style-type controls the bullet type. You can set it to 'none', 'square','circle','disc'

You only have to put the dot in the front of the style when you are basically creating your own style. Without the dot, like I had sent, the style applies across the board to every li tag in the document.

Basically, if you use the tag selector, the style applies across the board to every tag as defined in the style sheet. If you create a class (the ones with the dots) then that style can be applied to any tag.

So if you needed all of the LI tags to not indent, you would use the style sheet like I posted.

If you only needed one specific instance of LI tags to not indent, then it should be relegated to a class and applied only in the instances which it is needed.

If you have any other questions, just ask! :)

Thank you Wraithmanilian,

That is some thing i did not know, lol still alot to learn myself
Been teaching myself html, css and php,
Not been able to get into college and do it, so thought il will do it my self

Hope that I helped, and good luck. I was once where you are now. :)

Hope that I helped, and good luck. I was once where you are now. :)

yea that will come in handy. lol write that down in my notes :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.