hi..

Im trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my server.. but at a certain point it is giving an error which is unknown to me..im attaching a snap of the error.please let me know how to solve this error..

What does that domain account mean??? wher i can create one? or is it the networks domains name??

Please let me know the solution soon.

Thanks..

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Seten

hi..
Im trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my server.. but at a certain point it is giving an error which is unknown to me..im attaching a snap of the error.please let me know how to solve this error..
What does that domain account mean??? wher i can create one? or is it the networks domains name??
Please let me know the solution soon.
Thanks..

Hello,

Basically you are installing with a userID, that has no sufficient access to resources. Like installing as user and not as administrator.
From the error it is also possible, that you have setup the DB with process/service(user)ID, that hasn't got sufficient access rights (permissions). If you are using a domain account, then you should give it sufficient permissions.
Look to some SQL2005 books for what is the minimal necessary restrictions for permissions.

I hope you have added the right password :)

Good luck.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.