hi..

Im trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my server.. but at a certain point it is giving an error which is unknown to me..im attaching a snap of the error.please let me know how to solve this error..

What does that domain account mean??? wher i can create one? or is it the networks domains name??

Please let me know the solution soon.

Thanks..

hi..
Im trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my server.. but at a certain point it is giving an error which is unknown to me..im attaching a snap of the error.please let me know how to solve this error..
What does that domain account mean??? wher i can create one? or is it the networks domains name??
Please let me know the solution soon.
Thanks..

Hello,

Basically you are installing with a userID, that has no sufficient access to resources. Like installing as user and not as administrator.
From the error it is also possible, that you have setup the DB with process/service(user)ID, that hasn't got sufficient access rights (permissions). If you are using a domain account, then you should give it sufficient permissions.
Look to some SQL2005 books for what is the minimal necessary restrictions for permissions.

I hope you have added the right password :)

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.