Hi to all,
I have a problem with ASP.NET in Visual Studio. I made a page
that is organised as a table (one part for links, one for content...). How can I select button that is nested in table (in table cell) in Visual Studio in a design view.?
Always when i try that, it select the table, not the button.
Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

>How can I select button that is nested in table (in table cell) in Visual Studio in a design view.?

You can't select that child button through design view. Open source view instead.

I know that I can select that element on source view, but I need
to put code behind that button and for that I have to select
button in design view...

>but I need to put code behind that button and for that I have to select
button in design view

Do you want to handle the event (click) of that button?

yes, I want to rise event...

problem solved...thank you very much

How about you tell us how you fixed it? Cause i'm stuck on the same problem right now.

@beneke200-

if you need to attach an event to a button, if you are developing in C#, simply start to type the OnClick= keyword in source view and Visual Studio will prompt you create the event.

96bb466e866d20ef9b7b8df5e1a74cf7

Otherwise, if you are developing in VB.NET, go to your code behind and manually create the procedure with the proper handle... for example..

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.