Lemme just start by saying i know nothing about js or pretty much anything else.

I've been playing this online browser based game and it's cool and all but it has this tiny chat window. Is it possible to make the thing bigger? Before i start to learn how to do that and it might take a year or five i'd just like to know is it doable.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you're wondering if it's possible to modify JavaScript on a page that is not yours (the game you're playing), the answer is yes. One tool would be the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox.

For this though, it seems like you could just resize the window and make the font bigger.

If you're wondering if it's possible to modify JavaScript on a page that is not yours (the game you're playing), the answer is yes. One tool would be the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox.

For this though, it seems like you could just resize the window and make the font bigger.

What i'd like to do is make the chatbox take up a lot more space on the page, half one third of the screen maybe. here's the pic of it now.

http://i45.tinypic.com/71le7q.jpg

i honestl have no idea how to get about doing that, i'm sure some of you brainiacs can handle it with greasemonkey and stuff but it's waay over my head. I would appreciate some advice, pointers all explained to me like im 4 years old and was born in 1720. ;)

I just signed up for an account. I'm afraid you can't, and if you could it would take a long time. It's not JavaScript; it's Flash. That chat module is an .SWF and it's inside an HTML frame. You can display that frame in its own separate window, but it will not scale to show more text. This means that it'll be bigger, but the text will increase in size and you'll see as much text.

Unfortunately, for this case, Greasemonkey is no good. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.