Hello all,
i am stuck on this.. i want to be able to play a video from a mysql database. Currently i can upload the video to mysql (name, type, size, content) and download the file. i have a media player that shows a video, but i have to use the <embed src"...location of file">
Basically this is what i am asking for.

User enters page... video plays current video. On the left side of video player, there are links of different videos. so if a user want to watch a video, he/she clicks on the link and watches that video.
i just dont know how to put the file together and get displayed on the embeded player.

So.. i click on link
info gets passed to php code.
php pulles file info from mysql (name, type, size, content);
php puts content together and displays on the video player.
i know its easier to store videos on a server and just upload the "url", but i want it to be played via mysql content. i really appreciate any comments or help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

Hello all,
i am stuck on this.. i want to be able to play a video from a mysql database. Currently i can upload the video to mysql (name, type, size, content) and download the file. i have a media player that shows a video, but i have to use the <embed src"...location of file">
Basically this is what i am asking for.

User enters page... video plays current video. On the left side of video player, there are links of different videos. so if a user want to watch a video, he/she clicks on the link and watches that video.
i just dont know how to put the file together and get displayed on the embeded player.

So.. i click on link
info gets passed to php code.
php pulles file info from mysql (name, type, size, content);
php puts content together and displays on the video player.
i know its easier to store videos on a server and just upload the "url", but i want it to be played via mysql content. i really appreciate any comments or help.

just use this flow player..

http://flowplayer.org/

here u also get code to display your video...

if it didnt work then reply here...:)

put the files in a folder
put the uri of the files in the database
smaller faster

hi, may i know the step u do it. My problem is how to save url on database...
thanks in advance.

hi, may i know the step u do it. My problem is how to save url on database...
thanks in advance.

To save into the database simply have a column named url and maybe a column named title then to insert use the following syntax.

mysql_query('INSERT INTO `movies` SET `title`="matrix reload", `url`="1647.flv"');

And to select it all you need to do is mysql_query('SELECT `url` FROM `movies` WHERE `title`="matrix reload"');
Very simple. Then of course you pass the url to a client side flv/movie player.

the quetions? i have a folder called VIDEO and mysql database filed where all the .flv video file path has been saved into.
how do i embed .flv file in my browser using the path from the database .
any help will be appreciated.

you make the query and get the filename and path as [example]$row and $row
then using whatever tag/script normally plays a flv file
example

<tag url='filepath' >play filename</tag>

becomes

echo "<tag url='$row['filepath']' >play $row['filename']</tag>";

obviously NOT the actual code, I have no idea what the player is for flv

Edited by almostbob: n/a

This thread died 4 years ago. There is no knowing whether your question is related to the OP or not as you don't specify the video filetype. flv? HTML5?!
Perhaps you should consider starting a new thread.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.